Lifeline Geelong Looking for New Crisis Support VolunteersSeptember 7, 2020
Thank your interest in volunteering as a Lifeline Crisis Supporter!
Our next Crisis Supporter induction will take place in November.
We are so grateful to have your support and if you would like to formally express interest please watch the information session, read the information, booklet and fill in the application form.
For the remainder of this year it is expected that the training will be delivered on Zoom, however you will need to come into the centre for observation shifts, placement, and ongoing shifts. We will be making these decisions based on Government directions and will be taking all precautions necessary.
Please read the information booklet carefully and watch the information session to ensure you can attend all training dates, as well as various ongoing commitments to weekly shifts and supervision groups, meetings, additional training days, etc. The information book and video cover a lot of important information so please refer to these first and then send through any questions that have not been covered. It is really important that you are realistic about your capacity to take on this role and that you carefully consider whether it is the right role and time for you – as it is quite a commitment, both mentally and in terms of time.
Information Session Details:
Start by watching an information session on Zoom. These have been pre-recorded and available online.
The application form for the November intake is https://forms.gle/sVRtDzgLC4Ggr8Um9
- Applications close 5pm Friday 23rd of September (you will be notified by Monday October 12th if successful for an interview)
- Must be available for an interview during the week commencing 17th of August
- Successful applicants will be sent the documentation to complete a National Police Check and working with children’s check.
- Access to elearning will be organised as quickly as possible so that you can start Topic 1.
- Please note you must attend all Topics and complete elearning prior to each one (without rushing too far ahead).
- If you have previously applied for an intake in 2020, we encourage you to consider applying for an intake in 2021. Applicants who have applied previously will not be considered for the November intake. We welcome new applicants.
- There will be at least 8 intakes available throughout the year in 2021, further information about this will be sent by January 2021.