Do you want to volunteer at Lifeline? Applications currently open for 2021November 18, 2020
Applications for our next Crisis Supporter Workplace Training intake are currently open for February.
Volunteer Crisis Supporters are needed at our Geelong and Warrnambool centres.
Training will be conducted online and then in person training will be held at the centre which you will volunteer at afterwards.
We are offering two simultaneous intakes in February 2021:
- Group One will be conducted during business hours (generally Monday, Wednesday, and Friday). The bulk of training will be from February 1 to February 15.
- Group Two will be conducted after business hours (generally Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday). The bulk of training will be from February 2 to February 27.
Start Your Application Process:
- Watch the information session: Start by watching the information session. This has been pre-recorded and is available online. https://youtu.be/35SS4wL431A.
- Read the information booklet for more details (including specific times as well as additional requirements (e.g., observation shifts, placement shifts, etc.). Click on the link for information booklets below:
- Complete and submit application forms: Click on the link for the forms below:
FAQ & Information:
- Please read the information booklets carefully and watch the information session to ensure you can attend all training dates, as well as various ongoing commitments to weekly shifts and supervision groups, meetings, additional training days, etc. The information booklets and video cover a lot of important information so please refer to these first and then send through any questions that have not been covered. It is really important that you are realistic about your capacity to take on this role and that you carefully consider whether it is the right role and time for you as it is quite a commitment, both mentally and in terms of time.
- Most training will be delivered on Zoom; however you will need to come into the centre for observation shifts, placement, and ongoing shifts. We are taking all precautions necessary to protect volunteers, staff, and the wider community from COVID-19.
- You must be available for an interview during the interview period (various options between 7 Dec and 7 Jan).
- Please note you must attend all topics, including the live online interactive classes. These will not be recorded. Additionally, eLearning must be completed prior to each online session (without rushing too far ahead).
- For both groups, applications close 5pm Monday 21stof December.
- You may apply for both groups. To do so, please fill out one intake and then email to advise your interest in both groups. If you have a preference, please include this and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Successful applicants will be sent the documentation to complete a National Police Check and must possess or acquire a Working with Children’s Check (Volunteer).
- Access to eLearning will be organised as quickly as possible so that you can start Topic 1.
- If you have applied for previous intakes and would like to reapply you will need to resubmit your application for this intake.